Openbravo, the Spanish commercial open source software company, is now showcasing their products and solutions at the latest edition of the Retail Asia Expo, which is held at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre from 12 to 14 June. Retail in Asia visited the Openbravo’s booth at the RAE fairground, to learn about the company’s latest technology and how its products can benefit Asian retailers.
RIA: Can you talk us through the background of Openbravo?
Openbravo: Downloaded more than 3 million times, Openbravo is the world’s leading web-based open source business application platform. Openbravo’s flagship Professional Edition is available exclusively though the company’s globa network of over 100 partners, who provide local expertise and rapid, cost-effective on-site implementation services. Openbravo partners also provide deployment expertise for Openbravo’s rapidly growing selection of the nearly 400 ERP modules that add localisation and rich functionality to the core product. More than 6,000 organisations rely on Openbravo, in more than 40 countries. Openbravo has offices in the US, Spain, and India.
RIA: What products are you showcasing in this year Retail Asia Expo?
Openbravo: Openbravo for Retail is an affordable, comprehensive solution for managing your entire retail operations, from sales and customer relationships through operations and finance. Multi-channel retail performance management is the transforming the definition of success for the modern retailer. A comprehensive IT solution that provides support for brick-and-mortar, e-commerce and mobile order fulfilment is the technology foundation necessary to compete in the intense competitive retail market of today. The key to success for retailers is business agility, because it empowers companies to respond to customer and market demands quickly and precisely. Openbravo for Retail includes powerful analytics that empowers performance analysis and improves decision-making throughout your organisation. Easy to adapt and extend, Openbravo for Retail is designed to meet the needs of retailers today, and is ready to grow with you tomorrow and beyond. Retailers rely on Openbravo because of its robust feature set, affordability and rapid implementation process – which lowers implementation cost and accelerates time-to-deploy. Openbravo’s commercial open source model minimises initial investments and eliminates the risk of your ERP investment becoming "shelf-ware". The solution includes Openbravo POS, an easy to use and extend Point of Sale component, designed for touch screens, that supports multiple POS devices. Retailers can choose between a traditional stand alone application, synchronised periodically with the backend, or a new generation centralised point of sale designed as a web application, that can be used with the latest generation mobile devices. The web POS option includes on-line and off-line capabilities, to guarantee uninterrupted sales operations.
The centralised option offers many strategic capabilities, allowing you to:
1. Establish new points of sale simply by registering a mobile terminal, which dramatically reduces roll-out and maintenance costs;
2. Offer an intuitive interface with near-zero learning curve for sales associates;
3. Give sales teams a new experience in the relationship with their customers, allowing for a "side-by-side", mobile interaction;
4. Allow customers to reduce buying time while increasing their satisfaction; and
5. Offer new services like cross-store inventory search.
RIA: How will Asian retailers benefit from the Openbravo for Retail Solution?
Openbravo: Asian retailers will benefit from the Openbravo for Retail Solution in different ways, including all key roles within the organisation, from the IT Manager and CFO, to the Store Managers, Procurement or Warehouse Managers. Benefits include:
- Deliver a consistent, multi-channel customer experience.
- Control product positioning, pricing and promotions across all channels.
- Analyse product performance by store and region
- Accelerate new product introductions.
- Deal easily with a very high number of products.
- Manage financial performance across individual stores and regions.
- Reduce inventory overhead with flexible replenishment capabilities.
- Increase productivity through effective employee training.
- Ensure timely and cost effective fulfilment of online orders.
- Manage inventory in real-time, with multi-company, warehouse, location, and bin analysis across all products.
Retail Asia Expo is now open at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre. Openbravo’s booth is at J05.