In recent months, there has been an unprecedented amount of positive discussion around the use of Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) in the retail industry. RFID is valuable because it helps retailers understand two inventory essentials for omnichannel success – "what do I have?" and "where is it located?" However, there remain many misconceptions about the technology, its use case feasibility and its return on investment. It’s time to set the record straight and provide some definitive answers to the retail industry’s most common questions about RFID:
- Is RFID technology reliable?
- Will RFID replace the barcode?
- Will I have 100 percent read rates on every item, every time I read my RFID tags?
- Is it true that deploying RFID takes a lot of capital?
- What is the connection between RFID and omnichannel retailing?
To download the report of Apparel Magazine, click on the PDF attachment.