Central Food Hall, under Central Food Retail, opens the 12th outlet at CentralPlaza Ladprao in Bangkok, providing a 360° food experience with a new era of authentic international experience with unique shop in shop concept, kingdom of ingredients and deliciousness that makes it more than a food store.
There is superior service with modern innovation and assistant robots to provide shoppers with a seamless shopping experience. Everything is catered to the needs of modern consumers on G floor, CentralPlaza Ladprao.
Sujita Phengoun, Chief Operating Officer Large Format at Central Food Retail Company Limited under Central Retail said, “Central Food Hall, Ladprao came from the idea of giving customers a venue for in-store experience in every sense. We created a different food store where customers can shop for products while enjoying their unique lifestyle in an atmosphere of modern décor under the concept of unique shop-in-shop that celebrated the union of design and food. Customers can observe every stage of food preparation right when they are being prepared by chefs and experts in each zone and can relish a wider assortment of over 30,000 products from Thailand and across the world.”
“Integrating innovation and excellent service, Central Food Hall, Ladprao is the first in Thailand to be ‘more than just a food store’. It is a new destination for connoisseurs of extraordinary food and exceptional service, just like a big kitchen full of international chefs welcoming everybody to sense the food,” Sujita continued.
The highlights of the new format includes:
-PRODUCE zone – colourful fresh fruits and vegetables, locally and internationally sourced and selected for quality including from the Royal Project, as well as products from farmers’ groups across the country such as from BAN NAM DUK and SUM SUNG that grow organically, bringing economic strength and security to communities.
– FISHMONGER – inspired by the famous Billingsgate Market in London with a range of specially selected fresh seafood.
– JAMES THE BUTCHER – inspired by James the Butler who basically caters to all customers’ requirements, the butchers here are ready to provide professional service to customers to obtain the best meat for cooking.
– THE BAKER – up to 260 freshly baked pastries and bread from French croissants with an authentic aroma, a range of pastries and cakes to eat with coffee and New York-style pizzas made with hand-tossed dough. Everything is baked from scratch on the premise using unbleached Bavarian flour from the oldest mill in Europe.
– HAM & BRIE – an open cheese zone which is a heaven for cheese and cold cuts lovers, with experts ready to provide slicing service.
– WINE STORY – fine wines, whiskeys and sake that is stored in a 24-hour temperature-controlled room, expertly sourced by experienced sommeliers.
– CENTRAL EATERY – an array of international food, freshly cooked throughout the day by a team of world-class chefs where customers can order at the table and wait to be served.
– C FLAVOUR – a destination for street food fanatics with famous restaurants including Boon Tong Kiat, Heng Chao Lay Fried Oysters Charoen Nakhon, Khun Churn Vegetarian, restaurants with Michelin awards and 9 highlight menus that are exclusive to Central Food Hall, Ladprao such as Rad Na Torikatsu served by Rad Na Yod Pak 40 Years, Stir-fried Meat with Oyster and Sukiyaki Sauce with Rice served by Maverick Sukiyaki and Tom Klong Sour & Spicy Salmon Noodle Soup served by Lim Lao Ngow Bistro.
– ASIAN FOODS – brought together a variety of Asia’s favourite dishes made with authentic ingredients and seasonings, with a variety of desserts from Japan, Korea, Vietnam, China and India.
– HEALTHIFUL – the only health and wellness store in Thailand to be recognised by the Institute of Grocery Distribution (IGD) as 1 of the top 50 stores you wish you could have visited in 2020, with amazing array of organic and wholesome choices for a balanced health.
– LOOKS – an extensive range of the most sought after Korean and Asian beauty care beauty products curated for all beauty needs.
– PETSTER – a one-stop destination for all pet owners that truly caters to all specific needs and requirements of each breed.
For the first time, there is cutting-edge innovation with customer assistant robot ‘Nong Sukjai’ to provide customers with a more convenient shopping experience including assisting with the Thai Chana check in, taking shoppers to various zones and recommending special promotions as well as contacting staff. There are also Smart Product Sampling Robots, Welcome Lady and Product Ambassador ready to answer every question and help in recommending the appropriate products to match the customers’ need.
With emphasis on saving energy, the store is fitted with closed-door chillers which helped to save energy by up to 30%. As for online services, there are Click & Collect, Phone & Delivery, shopping through www.tops.co.th as well as home delivery services provided by Grabfood and GrabMart.
Sujita concluded that “We are dedicated to improve the shopping experience seamlessly and presenting a unique experience that is different for the consumers. Alongside this, we show social responsibility through the FOOD FOR GOOD DEED project. Our bakeries and fresh produces are donated through the SOS Foundation which has contributed a total of 637,037 meals to 28,200 people and reduced greenhouse gas emissions by 88,199 kg.”