Research and Markets has recently published the report entitled Health and Wellness in India.
Impressive year-on-year growth experienced by the health and wellness market in India was reflected in the ever-increasing shelf space occupied by health and wellness products in grocery stores. Increasing consumer awareness and a strong economy accelerated the demand for such products in the country. The report focused on companies creating products to promote health, ranging from big multinationals – such as PepsiCo or Nestlé – to small local manufacturers.
The Health and Wellness in India report tracks the developments of health-associated product types and the healthy-option positioning of competing brands across different food sectors. It provides the latest retail sales data from 2005 to 2009, allowing you to compare health and wellness categories with each other or in the context of the total market for a sector. It identifies the leading companies and leading brands, and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market – whether they are new product developments, changes in legislation or lifestyle influences. Forecasts to 2014 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Health and wellness by category and by type.
Data coverage: Market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
In this report:
- Get a detailed picture of the health and wellness industry.
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change.
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands.
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Key topics covered:
- Health and wellness becoming mainstream in India
- Growing reference for fortified/functional and naturally healthy products
- Probiotic remains small but has good future prospects
- National players are becoming aggressive
- Future of health and wellness looks bright
- Key trends and developments
- Strong economy and rising income boosted demand for health and wellness products
- Trend of "avoidance and beneficial health" is driving health and wellness
- More local flavour and tailor-made products for the Indian market
- Products to cater to more specialised needs
- Out-of-home small packages to suit on-the-go requirements
- Market data
- Britannia Industries Ltd
- Dabur India Ltd
- Parle Products Pvt Ltd
To purchase the full report, visit Research and Markets.
(Source: Research and Markets)