As of January 1, 2019, Shiseido will reinforce the regional headquarters system that oversees the business in China.
SEE ALSO: EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW : SHISEIDO, innovation comes from inclusion and diversity
Under the new system, Shiseido will reinforce the brand business structure in the China region and its supporting corporate functional structure in order to enhance brand appeal to Chinese consumers and strengthen market execution.
Morgan Tan was named Senior Vice President, Prestige Brands Division of China Region.
In her new role, Morgan will further lead Shiseido Hong Kong and drive the growth of the Prestige Brands business in the China region under the new regional headquarters system.
Morgan has been within the retail industry for over 20 years, with experience in fashion, luxury and cosmetics. She started with Polo Ralph Lauren in Taipei before moving to Hong Kong in 2003 as the Sales and Operation Director at Lane Crawford Hong Kong.
SEE ALSO : New CEO at Roger Dubuis
As to the Brands Business, Julie Chiang was appointed as CMO of cosmetics brands & personal care brands of China Region. Prior to her appointment, Julie was CEO of Sunnyhills Company. She also worked for L’Oreal Asia from 1998 to 2009.
Furthermore, the strategic alliance with emerging e-commerce platform companies in the China region will be strengthened under direct control of the CEO of the China region.
New management team of the China Region
- Kentaro Fujirawa – President & CEO of China region, Shiseido China
- Morgan Tan – senior vice president, prestige brands division of China region, president of Shiseido Hong Kong
- Julie Chiang – CMO of cosmetics brands & personal care brands of China Region
- Anson YU – CFO of China region and Shiseido Hong Kong
- Julia LI – CPO of China Region
- Zaheer Noorruddin – senior vice president, digital experience division of China Region