Dropping retail rents, store closures and political tensions seemed to be common themes this year for the retail industry in Asia Pacific.
But despite the grim situation, retailers are innovating more than ever to succeed, whether through new technologies or forms of crowd-drawing entertainment.
As 2016 comes to a close, we take a look back at the 10 most popular stories on Retail in Asia:
- Forever 21 to open second HK store in Mong Kok, eyes further expansion in Asia
- Why 1/3 of Chinese shopping malls will close in five years
- 10 most expensive shopping streets in the world
- Storefront: The “Airbnb” of retail spaces arrives in Asia
- Who are the top 10 retailers in global e-commerce?
- Lancôme shuts Hong Kong office and Causeway Bay shops
- 33 companies that are revolutionising retail
- REPORT: Hong Kong retail rents drop by over 60% in Q2 2016
- 3 reasons Marks & Spencer failed in China
- Yardbird’s Lindsay Jang shares her secrets to success
Stay updated on breaking retail news in the region by signing up for our newsletter.